Nanaimo’s Port Authority operates two marinas with over 7,000 feet of moorage. The inner Boat Basin provides space for small to medium commercial and pleasure boats, secured with locked gates from 2300 to 0700hrs. Larger vessels are allocated space on W.E. Mills Landing & Marina, formerly known as the Visiting Vessel Pier and Cameron Island Marina, restricting access for the general public with locked gates. An access code is available from the Wharfinger.
- Courtesy Dinghy three-hour free tie-up is available twice a week (subject to available space).
- Tie-ups of 3–6 hours are charged at half the daily rate.
- Overnight Moorage – 11 AM Checkout
- Power: 20/30 amp available on all floats - 50 and 100 amp limited availability
- Canadian Fishing Vessel Information
When arriving to the outside of the breakwater pier, call on VHF Channel 67 to be directed to a berth.
- Anchoring is allowed within designated anchorage areas only
- No anchoring is allowed within the designated seaplane water aerodromes.
- The discharge of pollutants, including sewage, is strictly prohibited.
- Ships must at all times abide by the NPA Practices and Procedures PDF. Pertinent extracts are printed in Sailing Directions: British Columbia Coast (South Portion).
- Ships at anchor must comply with the requirements set out in the Collision Regulations in regard to anchor lights.
3 Hour Courtesy Tie and Temporary Ties
Phone: (250) 754-5053
Visa or MasterCard information guarantees a hold; charges are applied when moorage is used or if 24 hour notice of cancellation is not provided. Please note: we do not take next day or same day reservations.
Payments may be made by cash, Debit Card, VISA, MASTERCARD or in US currency. Full service banks are available a short walk away. An ATM is on site next to the Wharfinger Office.
Phone: (250) 754-7828
Hours of operation:
Summer Hours - May 1 to Sept 30 > 0730 hrs to 2200 hrs
Winter Hours - October 1 to April 30 > 0830 hrs to 1800 hrs
** After Hours fueling available Cell (250) 710-4155
Services available at Petro-Can Fuel Barge:
- Diesel & Gas
- Propane Exchange (20 lb)
- Small Store