Boating amenities to serve you better:
- Staff on hand during the summer to help you tie up your boat and answer any questions.
- Customs port-of-entry easily accessible on the E-Dock (inner basin) right next to the fuel barge.
- Every day, weather, tide and current information is posted on the Wharfinger’s Office window.
- Information regarding marine suppliers available in the Wharfinger’s Office.
- Private and access-controlled showers, laundry and restrooms available for visiting boaters.
- Parking Facility - Rates and if duration of parking changes - contact Robbins Parking - 250-753-6789.
- Bus and taxi service located nearby.
- Pay phones.
- Scheduled passenger service between downtown Nanaimo and Vancouver is provided by seaplane from the adjacent terminal which also houses the Lighthouse Bistro & Pub.
- Two Seasonal Floating Restaurants in Marina - ‘Penny's Palapa’ & ‘Trollers Fish & Chips’.
- Pioneer Waterfront Plaza, adjacent to the basin features retail shops and restaurants.
- A summertime Farmers’ Market - Fridays from May to mid-October.
- A four-kilometre walkway, offering beautiful views and access to ferries connecting to Gabriola, Protection and Newcastle Islands.
- Exceptional local restaurants with menus available in the Wharfinger Office.
- ‘Port Place Mall’, including a grocery store, liquor store, bakery, drug store, florist, post office and walk-in medical clinic, hairdressers, barbers, spas, The “Great Canadian Casino,” and restaurants.
- Movie theatres, both local and a short cab ride away.
- The ‘Port Theatre’ offering a wide variety of live dance, drama and music throughout the year.
- ‘Nanaimo District Museum’ across from Marina
- Hudson's Bay Historic Bastion on site
- Cannon Firing at noon daily during summer
- Adjacent to Downtown - Commercial Street voted Best Street in Canada in 2011 - www.dnbia.ca
- Petro-Can Fuel station located within the marina.
- Floating sewage pump-out facility, conveniently located at the central breakwater.
- Used oil facility.
- Potable drinking water available.
- Ice available at ‘Petro Can’ fuel barge.
- Garbage Collection & Household Recycling for Marina Users.
Summer Hours: May 1 to Sept 30 - 0730 hrs to 2200 hrs
Winter Hours: October 1 to April 30 - 0830 hrs to 1800 hrs